Wednesday, 23 January 2013

Critically Thinking

I would like to think that I attempt to think critically in all aspects of my life, including in this course. I always try to see a new situation, opinion or behaviour from 'both sides'. I am attempting to do this in all discussions we participate in during class. Seeing as this is my first Master's course, and first course in several years, I feel a bit rusty.  Remembering that I must provide specific references for any points that I make and not just 'go with my gut' is part of the reason I decided to pursue this program now. I was starting to feel a bit disconnected with current research and theories and I am looking for an opportunity to merge research/theories with practice. One of my weaknesses with respect to critically thinking in this course is that I need to do much more reading and feel more comfortable with some currently accepted authors and theories. I feel that I do not have a large base knowledge. I appreciate when Robin mentions interesting reads we may want to explore so that I can improve my knowledge and have some references from research to draw upon in discussions.

1 comment:

  1. Good post. Reading is absolutely critical. I recommend doing as much as you possible can and if you need a reading list, I am happy to oblige.
    I must admit I like to think of myself as a critical thinker BUT I am least critical when I strongly believe in something - That is when I have to stop and re-evaluate.

    ReplyDelete